At Phoenix Physical Therapy & Sports Performance, our comprehensive approach to physical therapy (PT) is grounded in a total-body approach to wellness, with a passion to assist you in living better. In addition to developing an understanding of the injury itself, we look for other physical and daily life factors that contribute to the body’s ability to compensate for, and recover, from a debilitating injury.
Our experienced, licensed therapists evaluate how the injury occurred and develop an appropriate physical therapy treatment regimen to reduce pain and regain range of motion, flexibility, strength, and functional levels. Programs focus not only on building and achieving a solid recovery platform but also on preventing re-injury and disability.
Following an initial evaluation, our physical therapists develop specific goals for client recovery and a corresponding plan of care. We focus on establishing symptom control and improving function through a targeted exercise program. While each physical therapy program is customized to a client’s particular situation, it may involve one or more of the following protocols:
- Education about your diagnosis
- Manual therapy
- Therapeutic exercises
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Modalities – such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, iontophoresis, and hot/cold therapy
- Kinesiotaping, Graston Technique
- Gait analysis and re-education
- Soft tissue and neuromuscular massage
- Home Exercise Program (HEP) development and instruction
- Posture assessment and education
- Body mechanics assessment and education